The Kernersville Church of Christ is a Christ-centered church. “God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way. (Ephesians 1:22-23)
The Bible teaches us that Jesus is God incarnate; He is God the Son, eternally one with God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus said: “I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30) Jesus taught:
- He came from heaven. (John 6:38)
- He was sinless. (John 8:46)
- He forgave sin. (Luke 7:48-49)
- He was the only way to heaven. (John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
The Bible declares: “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.” (2 Corinthians 5:21)
The Bible teaches us how to receive Christ by faith and be obedient to God’s pathway to salvation.
- Hear the gospel. (Romans 10:17)
- Faith or belief that Jesus is the Son of God. (Mark 16:15-16; Hebrews 11:6)
- Repentance from sin. (Acts 2:38; Luke 13:3,5)
- Confession publicly that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. (Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:9-10; Matthew 16:18)
- Baptism (immersion) into Christ for the remission of sins. (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; Galatians 3:27; 1 Peter 3:20-21)
- Be faithful to Christ unto death (Matthew 10:22; Revelation 2:10)
The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the final authority in faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17) The Bible only makes Christians only. We are not the only Christians, we are Christians only.
We welcome you to study God’s Word, worship and serve Christ with us!